Training and Certification Requirements leading to recognised
UK Certification and Qualification
Chi Nei Tsang also known as Taoist Massage or Hara-Shiatsu combines well
with other forms of healing and bodywork. You will also benefit from doing
the first three Steps of the Foundations of Taoist Practice to understand the
theory and to satisfy a distinctive requirement of a Chi Nei Tsang practitioner:
the ability to look after oneself and manage your own energy-field to avoid depletion or contamination.
Here at Universal Healing Tao UK we provide a complete, integrated and structured program leading to a recognised qualification, membership of a Professional Association, eligibility for insurance, and registration with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
PLEASE NOTE we do not make any unsubstantiated claims that this therapy can cure any specific condition. For your own safety and well-being please do make sure that anyone claiming specific results, cures or healings can show evidence to back up their claims, and that anyone offering training in CNT can show evidence of certification as a Mantak Chia-authorised teacher of Chi Nei Tsang, with proper insurance and membership of a recognised UK Professional Association. We are posting this info as the Advertising Standards Authority have contacted us regarding statements on other web sites – be aware!
Our CNT Training is facilitated by Kris Deva North, Senior Teacher of Mantak Chia's Universal Healing Tao and founder of the London Chi Nei Tsang Institute. In addition to facilitating training at the London Tao Centre, Kris has taught CNT to nurses and midwives including the University of Greenwich School of Midwifery, and the Zita West Clinic. During his time at Tao Garden and on subsequent visits he was chosen to give CNT treatments to Mantak Chia and family.
Tuition and Practice is in FIVE parts to master the knowledge and techniques:
(1) Two Chi Nei Tsang Training Weekends;
(2) Completing the first three Steps of the Foundations of Taoist Practice;
(3) Performing a number of Chi Nei Tsang Learning-Treatments;
(4) Receiving Chi Nei Tsang Treatments from qualified CNT Practitioners;
(5) Passing an Assessment in Theory and Practice.
- Chi Nei Tsang Training Weekends Your first CNT Training weekend click for dates starts you off with the basics: theory and practice of Internal Organs Energy massage. Tou attend the second Training Weekend when you have completed Parts 2 and 3 as follows:
- Completion of Foundations of Taoist Practice Steps 1, 2 and 3 (total 48 hours). You can take these Steps any time, before or after your first CNT Training Weekend.
- own-time 50 Learning-Treatments (30 for Shiatsu students, 20 for Shiatsu graduates), presented as 7 to 10 case-studies on different people of varying age, gender and condition;
- 5 treatments from CNT (click to find them) practitioners. (These treatments to be spaced throughout your training)
- Assessment on completion of the training and treatments of
a: your knowledge of Chi Nei Tsang as in the book Chi Nei Tsang 1
b: your ability to deliver Chi Nei Tsang as a treatment.
Assessment is included in your second CNT Training Weekend provided you have completed the requirements at 2. and 3. above, and handed in your completed Assessment Questionnaire and Learning-Treatment Notes,
Costs CNT Training Weekend and Healing Tao Foundations Steps 1, 2 and 3 current rates and dates click here
Treatments from CNT Practitioners, to be negotiated with the Practitioner. For list click here
Assessment and Certification
On satisfactory completion of the Assessment you are listed on the London Tao Centre Practitioner Register
with the letters CNT following your name, you are eligible for membership of the Zen Shiatsu Society
, for insurance as a practitioner of Chi Nei Tsang (Hara Shiatsu), and for membership pf the National (Shiatsu) Register of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners.
When you have made your registration (placed the order!) you will receive an email with a link to download the Joining Information.